The number factor is calculated as the quantity that is the accurate divisor of that number.
Assume that we have to find the factors of a number \(12\). Think of all the numbers that you can multiply together to get \(12\).
This shows that the factors of \(12\) are \(1\), \(2\), \(3\), \(4\), \(6\), and \(12\).
Facts about factors:
- The number \(1\) and the number itself are always factors of that number.
- Every factor of a number is an exact divisor of that number.
- Every factor is equal to or smaller than the given number.
- The provided number is divided equally by any element of a number.
- A given number has a finite number of factors.