Square is one of the most basic shapes. One of the quadrilaterals is a square of four equal sides & four equal angles.
Basic properties of a square:
- Opposite sides of the square are parallel and equal.
- All four angles are equal in measure. (Each angle is \(360°/4 = 90°\). So that each angle is a right angle).
- The diagonals are equal in length.
- All four sides are equal in length.
- Diagonals bisect one another.
- Diagonals bisect its interior angles.
- All interior angles are equal to \(90°\).
- Diagonals meet at \(90°\).