Preparation of sprouts from seeds: When the seeds begin to grow by developing tiny roots, they are called sprouts. The method of making sprouts from seeds is called sprouting. The sprouts contain more of Vitamin A, B, and C.
Let us see how to prepare a sprouts from seed like moong, moth or chana.
- Put a small quantity of seeds in a container filled with water and leave this aside for a day.
- Next day, drain the water completely and leave the seeds in the vessel.
- Wrap them with a piece of cloth and set aside.
- A white structure may have grown out of the seed. This is called sprout.
Salad from vegetable: Vegetable salad is consist of vegetables, such as onion, carrots, tomato, etc. It is mainly used to increase the level of powerful antioxidants in your blood.
Let us see how vegetable salad is prepared in steps:
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 carrots, 1/4 onion, 1 tomato, 1 green chilli or pinch of pepper powder, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 mint leaves or coriander.
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly under running water, wipe them dry.
- Peel them and chop them to bite-size piece.
- Add all the vegetable to a bowl.
- And, finally, add the pinch of salt and mix it well.
Oil from vegetable seeds: We obtain cooking oil by pressing the nuts, seeds, and fruits like olives, coconuts, and avocados.
Let us see how coconut oil is prepared in steps:
- Choose 3 or 4 mature coconuts.
- Remove the coconut meat from the shell.
- Grate the coconut meat and grind.
- Squeeze the milk from the meat through a muslin cloth.
- Simmer the milk over low heat for 2 to 3 hours.
- Squeeze the cooked milk through a muslin cloth.
- Store the oil in an airtight container for up to a year. Similarly, nuts can be pressed to extract the oil using the oil press instrumentReference:Image.https://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/6/68/Make-Vegetable-Oil-Step-1-Version-3.jpg/aid2234309-v4-728px-Make-Vegetable-Oil-Step-1-Version-3.jpg.webp