The existence of force between any objects without physical interaction is called non-contact force.
- Gravitational force
- Magnetic force
- Electrostatic force
- Gravity is the force by which a planet or object attracts another body or planet. The force of gravity keeps all the planets in orbit around the sun.
- Anything that has mass also has gravity. Objects with more mass have more gravity, whereas objects with less mass have less gravity.
- Gravity also gets weaker with distance; the more the distance gravity gets weaker, the less the distance between objects, the more gravity.
- The general theory of gravitational force was given by Issac newton.
- According to that, "Every object in the universe attracts every other object with force, and that force is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them".
It is mathematically given by,
\(F\)-Force of attraction between any two bodies
\(M\)-Mass of the first object
\(m\)-Mass of the second object
\(r\)-Distance between the two objects
Leaves fall from the tree due to gravitational force