A Computer is an electronic device that processes data and information according to our needs. We can save the data and translate it into information. We can use the computer in many ways.
Components in computer
At the beginning of the \(19\)th century, Charles Babbage, a mathematics professor, has invented the analogue computer. He is known as the father of the computer.
The basic composition designed by him is being used in all computers. Similarly, Augusta Ada Lovelace is praised as the first programmer as she developed essential commands for mathematical operations.
A computer is an electronic device that manipulates information or data. It has the ability to store, retrieve, and process data.
A computer is a device that comprises both hardware and software. The functions of hardware and software combine together to make the computer functional.
A hardware device helps to enter input information. The software processes the input data and gives the output to the monitor (hardware device). Thus, a computer is like a human body, where the human body is the hardware, and the soul is the software.
Functions of a computer:
Basically a computer does five basic operations. These includes
- Input or inserting data and instructions.
- Storing data or information in its memory and retrieving them whenever it is necessary.
- Processing the data and converting them into useful information.
- Generating the output or retrieving the data or information.
- Controlling of devices and functions.
Functions of a computer - flow diagram
- Data is unprocessed information.
- Information is processed data.
- Email existed before the World Wide Web.