Animals are living organisms that are closely related to human beings in their daily life. Animals play a huge role in many things for the use of humans. They are used as a source of food, clothing and transportation.
Animals as sources of food:
What are food sources?
The different sources that provide food for human beings survival and other animals are known as food sources.
Milk, eggs, honey, meat, fish etc.,
Milk is a nutritious liquid food that is secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals.
It is a food that nourishes their young ones for a while after birth. The milk obtained from the domesticated animals serves as an important food source for humans in several ways.
Some of the uses of milk in the daily life of humans are as follows:
Milk is obtained from domesticated animals such as cows, buffaloes, goats and camels.
It plays a significant role in humans daily diet to prepare tea, coffee, ice creams, sweets, and other related products.
Paneer, cheese, ghee, cream, butter and curd are the processed form of milk, commonly known as milk products or dairy products.
Note: Ghee is also obtained from plants (vegetables).
Some advantages of milk:
Milk is an important food source as it comprises essential nutrients like calcium, phosphorous, and vitamins.
It is an excellent source of protein. Hence, the addition of milk in human daily diet can prevent several diseases like osteoporosis and bone fractures.
Nutrients composition of milk
The female birds of different species lay eggs to produce young ones. The eggs of hens, turkeys, ducks and ostriches are used by humans in their daily lives as a source of food.
Basket of eggs
Importance of eggs in our daily lives:
- Eggs are used in the daily diet of humans so that proper energy and good health are maintained.
- Eggs are highly nutritious as they are rich sources of protein.
- More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white.
- The yolk of the egg contains fat.
- The eggs have 6 grams of high-quality protein.
- Hence a protein-packed breakfast that includes egg helps to sustain mental and physical energy throughout the day.
- Eggs are good for health for people of any age.
Nutrients composition of egg