We learned that acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. That is the increase in the velocity of an object with respect to time.
Acceleration are of two types with respect to velocity and time.
- Uniform acceleration.
- Non-uniform acceleration.
The uniform acceleration occur when velocity changes (increase or decrease) for every unit of time is same.
1. The motion of a freely falling body.
2. The motion of a ball rolling down an inclined plane.
3. Rain drops falling to the land.
An object undergoes non-uniform acceleration if the change in its velocity for every unit of time is not the same.
1. The motion of bike with changing speed.
2. When an object undergoes in a circular path.