We learned that acceleration is the rate of change in velocity. It means, the increase in the velocity of an object with respect to time.
There are two types of acceleration. They are
- Uniform acceleration
- Non-uniform acceleration
The uniform acceleration occurs when velocity changes (increase or decrease) for every unit of time is the same.
1. The motion of a freely falling body
2. The motion of a ball rolling down an inclined plane
3. Raindrops falling on the roof
An object undergoes non-uniform acceleration if the change in its velocity for every unit of time is not the same.
1. The motion of the car with changing speed
2. When an object travels in a circular path