The picture or image that raster graphics creates is entered 'as file and data'.
The Pictures are of two types;
Raster Graphics are created on the basis of PIXELS.
The photos taken by the camera and the photos scanned by a scanner are of the raster type. When we enlarge this type of photo, we could see the pictures as rectangular layers or grids.
Raster File Types:
- .png (Portable Network Graphics)
- .jpg or .jpeg (Joint Photo graphics Experts Group)
- .gif (Graphics interchange Format)
- .tiff (Tagged Image File Format)
- .psd (Photoshop Document)
Picture shows vector Vs raster
The Software which edits the Raster Graphics:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Vector Graphics
As the Vector Pictures are created based of Mathematics, even when we enlarge the picture, its accuracy will not change.
Types of Vector Graphics Files
- .eps (Encapsulated Post Script)
- .ai (Adobe Illustrator Artwork)
- .pdf (Portable Document Format)
- .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics)
The Software which we use to edit the Vector Graphic Images are
- Adobe Illustrator