Cathode rays' properties:
- Cathode rays pass in a straight line from the cathode towards the anode.
- Material particles with mass and kinetic energy are made up of cathode rays.
- Both electric and magnetic fields scatter cathode rays.
- They are negatively charged particles.
- The existence of cathode rays' is unaffected by the type of gas within the tube.
Cathode rays' properties
How does television works?
Step 1. In the television tube, cathode rays are turned by magnetic fields.
Cathode rays turning
Step 2. A cathode-ray beam is guided toward a coated screen on the tube's front.
Cathode rays turn to screen process
Step 3. Whereby varying the magnetic field produced by electromagnetic coils, the beam traces a luminescent image.
Image on television