Mid-autumn festival / Moon festival
China, Taiwan and Vietnam
Holi, Diwali, and Mahara Sankaranthi / Pongal
Israel (harvest festival)
Some of the other famous festivals in Asia are the snow sculpture festival, Chinese New Year, Thaipusam, Diwali, Taiwan Lantern festival, Songkran, Winter light festival.
Asia - The land of contrasts:
- It has both the highest (Mt. Everest - 8,848m) and the lowest point (Dead Sea 400m below the sea level).
- It also has the coldest inhabited place on the earth (Verkhoyansk, Russia Winter temp -70°C), and the hottest place (Jacobabad, Pakistan - average summer temperature of about 50°C).
- The world's wettest Mawsynram, Meghalaya, receives about 11,873mm of rainfall annually. And, Thar Desert receives less than 25cm annual rainfall.
- World's top two highest populated countries - India and Pakistan, it has also sparsely populated places such as Siberia and the Thar Desert
- Apart from this, Asian people follow many races, languages, religions and cultures.