Europe has transformed into a modern and economically developed continent in the world with its availability of resources, efficient educated work force, research, and contact with other nations and innovation.
The main reason behind the birth of Industrial revolution in Europe is its availability of resources. This made Europe, an industrially developed continent in the world.
Europe has great diversity in its topography, climate and soil. The interaction of industrial development interacted with diverse features to produce varied patterns of agriculture.
Varied patterns of agricultural activities practiced: Mediterranean agriculture, dairy farming, mixed livestock and crop farming and horticulture (Truck Farming)
- Dominant crop: Wheat (throughout Europe)
- Barley, oats, sugar beet, rye, potatoes and hay are also common crops.
- Corn (maize) is an important crop in thelower Danubian lowlands and southwestern European Russia, France and Italy.
- Rice: Important crop in northern Italy
- Important crop in (Spain, Sicily): Citrus fruits, olive trees - depend on irrigation.
Citrus fruits: Oranges, lemons, grapefruits, pomelos, and limes, etc.