- Europe's climate varies from the subtropical to the polar climate.
- Mediterranean climate of the south: Warm summer and rainy winter
- The western and northwestern parts: Mild, humid climate, influenced by the North Atlantic Drift
- Central and Eastern Europe: Humid continental-type
- North-East: Subarctic and Tundra climates
- The westerly winds from the Atlantic Ocean creates a significant influence over the climate of entire Europe.
Climate Divider: The Mediterranean climate is separated from the cold climate of the north by the Alps mountain .
North Atlantic Drift:
- It is also known as North Atlantic current
- Type: Warm ocean current.
- It brings warmth to Western Europe.
- The westerly wind further transports warmth across Europe.