- In size, Europe is the sixth-largest continent or second smallest continent in the world.
- It is the world's third most populated continent.
- It is situated in the Northern hemisphere.
- It has diverse landforms and people.
- It is the birthplace of Western civilizations (Roman and Greek).
- It is also the birthplace for Democracy and the Industrial Revolution.
- Europe is the most developed continent in the world.
Location and size:
|\(69º 03' \)||East|
- The Prime Meridian\(0º\)longitude passes through Greenwich in England.
- Entire Europe is located in the northern hemisphere and, it covers an area of \(10.5 \)\(million \)\(sq.km.\)
|South||Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea|
- It looks like a Giant peninsula.
- Europe is called as the 'Peninsula of Peninsulas’.