- Important plantation crops: Coffee, Tea, Rubber, Palm trees and Cocoa
- Important producers of plantation crops: India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Leading producers of natural rubber: Malaysia and Thailand
- Dates are produced in west Asia.
- Largest producer of dates in the world: Iran
- Fishing is one of the important economic activity in Asia.
- It is very common in open seas as well as inland water bodies.
- Leading fishing nations: China and Japan
- One of the world’s richest sources of freshwater fishing: Tonle sap lake in Cambodia.
- The major fishing ground for India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Bangladesh is Bay of Bengal.
- Fishing is the prominent supporter of the national economy in Maldives.
- In the eastern coast of Arabia, Pearl fishing (Bahrein) is popular.