India is one of the world's archaeological treasures, with the Indus Valley civilization and its subsequent empires and kingdoms. India has over a thousand archaeological sites, whether they be ancient forts or the world's oldest universities.
Most of these are not accessible to travellers and tourists. The sites which are accessible are also numerous in numbers and highly maintained.
Few most important and ancient Archaeological sites in India:
- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan.
- Kumbhalgarh Fort in the light of the setting sun.
- Jaisalmer Fort, Rajasthan.
- Meenakshi Temple, Tamil Nadu.
- Khajuraho Temples, Madhya Pradesh.
- Konark Sun Temple, Odisha.
- Nalanda University, Bihar.
- Hampi Village, Karnataka.