The Southern Ocean
- The Southern Ocean surrounds the continent of Antarctica and is enclosed by the 60°S latitude.
- Area covered:21.96 million sq.km
- It is bordered by the southern parts of the Pacific, the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans.
- Marginal seas: The Ross Sea, the Weddell Sea and the Davis Sea.
- Islands located: Farewell Island, Bowman Island and Hearst Island
- The water in this ocean is very cold. Much of it is covered by sea ice.
- The deepest point: South Sandwich Trench (depth of 7,235 m)