Posters are placards displayed in a public place announcing or advertising something. Posters are notices, advertisements and invitations – all in one.
What is the purpose of a Poster?
It is to create social awareness about current problems and needs or advertise or invite and display something.
The Layout of a poster
- It should be attractive, colourful and tempting.
- The title should be catchy.
- Slogans or jingles should be used.
- Sketches or simple drawings may be used.
- Letters may be of different sizes and shapes.
- Proper spacing should be given.
Content of a poster
- The theme or subject.
- Descriptions along with it.
- Essentials like time, date, venue etc. to be given, in case of an event.
- Names of issuing authority/organisation to be given.
Expression of Poster
- Slogans/ phrases can be used.
- Sequencing to be correct.
- Creativity to be appreciated.
You are Vikram/ Vikasini. Design a poster in not more than 50 words for your school library to highlight the value of books and reading habits. You may use good slogans/ phrases.