How to prevent fire accidents at your home?
- Never play with fire such as matchboxes or lit candles.
- Do not place lit candles near curtains, on beds or plastic objects.
- Be careful while cooking. Do not let children go near the fire.
- While walking or staying near fire, hold and secure your clothes properly.
- Follow safety measures while celebrating festivals such as Diwali.
- Do not leave home with any form of fire unattended.
How to deal with a situation if there a fire at your place?
- Shout for help.
- Call \(101\).
- Determine the cause of fire if possible. While water can put down almost all kinds of fire, it will not work on electric and oil fires. So be careful.
- Evacuate the building as quickly as possibly.
- Take the stairs instead of elevators.
- Do not inhale the smoke caused by fire.
- Do not enter a room if the doorknob is hot.
How to be prepared for a fire accident?
- Have a fire extinguisher installed.
- Learn to operate the fire extinguisher.
- Learn first aid.
- Keep an emergency and first-aid kit ready.
- Learn about the entrances and exits in your building.
- Learn the location of the main electricity switch.