How to read a passage or a text:
- Read the initial and concluding lines of the passage twice or thrice to get the main idea of any passage.
- The main idea is an important element in any passage or text.
- Do not memorise, but understand the concept of the passage well.
- Takedown notes or memorise minor ideas and things like numbers, names, places, events, problems, solutions, examples, symbols, etc.
- The minor points are always a part of the main idea and linked with it. It helps in explaining the concept well.
- Do not insert your own ideas or look at the passage from your own angle.
- Look at the passage from the author's point of view.
- Revise the major and minor ideas again to answer questions based on them.