Alliteration is the occurrence of the same letter at the starting of two or more words in a single line, in a poem.
1. The slender smiling girl...
2. The song of sweet birds...
3. Black bug bit a bear...
4. Practise the piano...
What are the uses of alliteration?
1. It creates a rhythm, similar to rhyming words.
2. It emphasizes the importance of phrases.
3. Mostly used in tongue-twisters.
Alliteration used in the poem "I Dream of Spices":
- "and ginger and garlic."
- "And so I go to the shop"
- "what I'd want"
- "Mother twists my ears"