Square is one of the most basic shapes. A square is a quadrilateral with four equal sides & four equal angles.
Basic properties of a square are:
- Opposite sides of a square are parallel and equal in length.
- All four angles of a square are equal. (Each is \(360°/4\) \(=\) \( 90°\), so every angle of a square is a right angle.)
- The diagonals of a square are equal.
- All four sides of a square are equal.
- The diagonals of a square bisect each other.
- The diagonals of a square bisect its angles.
- All the angles of the square are equal to \(90°\).
- Diagonals meet at \(90°\).