Characteristics of synthetic fibre:
- They are cheaper and durable compared to natural fibre.
- They are more substantial and easy to maintain and dries up quickly.
- The absorbent capacity is low, and these fibres are wrinkle resistant.
- They are not affected by moths and are lightweight and have a very smooth structure.
- The colour and brightness stay for a long time.
- The trampoline is made of woven synthetic fibres are elastic and have the property to bounce.
Advantage of synthetic fibre:
Lustrous nature of synthetic fibre
- These fibres have many benefits than natural fibres because natural fibres depend on agriculture, whereas synthetic fibre does not.
- Easy to maintain, and they are easily heat- set.
- Not affected easily by moisture, chemicals and bacteria.
- They are cheaper and affordable.
- Sustain heavy load.
- Do not wrinkle easily.
- They are lustrous in nature.
Disadvantage of synthetic fibre:
Hydrophobic nature of synthetic fibre
- They melt before burning. For example, the nylon wires when burnt stick to the skin if in contact. Due to this, there should be caution on wearing this fabric in the kitchen or laboratory as it causes severe burns.
- They are water-hating groups (hydrophobic). Due to this, they do not \(absorb \)sweat which makes the body hot and uncomfortable.
- They cling to the skin, which makes it uncomfortable to wear.
- They break down and form microplastics which are tiny pieces that causes pollution to soil and water bodies.