Sathya’s mother has purchased the following items from the market.
Fruit / Vegetable
Make a list of fruits / vegetables and find how much each of them has cost her. And also calculate the total cost.
Steps to calculate the total cost:
- Make the initial worksheet with the given data.
- Type the formula \(=B2*C2\) in Cell E3 to calculate the cost of the Mango (\(Rate\) \(per\) \(kg\) \(*\) \(Quantity\)).
- Similarly, type all the formulae in the other cells as given.
- To calculate the grand total, Type the formula \(= D2+ D3+D4+D5 +D6\) in Cell D7 and press the enter key to get the result. Or Type the formula \(=sum (D2:D6)\) in Cell D7 and press the enter key to get the result.
- Save the file with the name ‘Calculate the cost’.