Biometrics is the science that studies and analyses human body prints.
The biometric system compares body prints to specimen data stored in the system to verify a person's identity.
Applied chemistry can be used to identify drinkers quickly.
Alcohol breath analysis test
- The tested person blows into a tube, which bubbles their breath through a chemical solution including sulfuric acid, potassium dichromate, water, and silver nitrate.
- Dichromate is reduced to chromic ion by alcohol oxidation, resulting in a colour change from orange to green.
- The colour of the test solution is related to a standard solution using an electrical instrument, yielding a quantitative assessment of the alcohol level.
- The test determines the quantity of alcohol in a person's breath and is a numerical measure of the value of alcohol in the bloodstream in a quick and repeatable manner.
Applications of Applied Chemistry:
- We can find many of the benefits of applied chemistry all around us. It's unavoidable.
- Applied chemistry has provided us with an excess of synthetic materials that we use in our daily lives.
- It contributes significantly to the country's economic development and plays a critical role globally.
- Applied chemistry's products are so standard that we use them on a daily basis.
Applied chemistry in various fields