Impress is the presentation (slide show) program incorporated in LibreOffice software. It is used to create slides that contain many different elements, including text effects, bulleted and numbered lists, tables, charts, sounds and a wide range of graphic objects such as clipart, drawings and photographs to make it interesting and effective for the audience.
What is a presentation?
A presentation is a sequence of still images projected onto a screen.
What is a Slide?
A slide is similar to a page in a document.
Every presentation comprises several slides that describe a topic with text or graphics. The presenter shows the slides on a display device (projector, monitor) while speaking to the audience.
A colourful presentation containing text, photos, pictures, sound and animation will excite the viewers and make them more interested in listening to the presentation. Animation is the process of creating a movement for an object. It is user-friendly application software.
How to open LibreOffice Impress?
To start LibreOffice Impress, we can follow several methods,
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Click LibreOffice Impress
4. Click the LibreOffice Impress option.
If no component is open from the LibreOffice Start Centre, click on the Impress Presentation icon to create a new presentation.
In Impress, creating and editing slides is very versatile thanks to different editing and view modes:
- Normal (for general editing)
- Outline (for organising and outlining your text content)
- Notes (for viewing and editing the notes added to a slide)
- Handout (for creating paper-based material), and
- Slide Sorter (for a thumbnail sheet view that lets you quickly locate and order your slides)