With reference to Equator, Earth is divided into two hemisphere. They are
Hemispheres of Earth
|Hemisphere||Area of Earth Found between|
|Northern Hemisphere||the Equator \((0°)\) and the North Pole \((90°N).\)|
|Southern Hemisphere||the Equator \((0°)\) and the South Pole \((90°N).\)|
Important lines of latitude
- It also revolves around the sun, inclined at an angle of \(23½° \)while rotating on its axis.
- Based on the angle at which the sun’s rays fall on the earth, certain lines of latitude gain significance.
- Based on the location, fall of Sun's rays differes on different parts of the earth or Sun’s rays do not fall equally on all parts of the earth because of its angle of inclination.
- Sun rays fall vertically over the Equator and slanting towards the poles.
- Thus, the temperature varies on different places of earth.