Theory:

Origin of continents
  • Pangea: The Super Continent.
  • The Sea surrounding Panagea is Panthalassa.
  • These landmasses moved away from each other 200 million years ago to gain the present position as continents and oceans.
  • The Earth is covered by 71 percent water, and the rest 29 per cent is covered by land.
  • The surface of the Earth is not even.
shutterstock_253146733.jpg
Land classification during the Sangam period
S.No.
Landscape
Attribute
1Kurinji Moutain and its associated land forms
2MullaiForest and its related land forms
3MaruthamAgricultural and its adjoining areas
4NeithalSea and its surroundings
5PalaiDesert region
ஐவகை நிலங்கள்.jpg