Origin of continents
- Pangea: The Super Continent.
- The Sea surrounding Panagea is Panthalassa.
- These landmasses moved away from each other 200 million years ago to gain the present position as continents and oceans.
- The Earth is covered by 71 percent water, and the rest 29 per cent is covered by land.
- The surface of the Earth is not even.
Land classification during the Sangam period
|1||Kurinji||Moutain and its associated land forms|
|2||Mullai||Forest and its related land forms|
|3||Marutham||Agricultural and its adjoining areas|
|4||Neithal||Sea and its surroundings|