- The envelope of air that surrounds the Earth.
- Different types of gases make up the atmosphere.
- The major gases are Nitrogen (78%) and Oxygen (21%).
- The other gases like Carbon dioxide, Hydrogen, Helium, Argon, and Ozone are present in meager amounts.
- The range of the atmosphere extends from less than 1 m below the Earth's surface to more than 10,000 km above the planet's surface.
- The atmosphere's upper layer protects the living organisms in the biosphere from the sun's ultraviolet radiation.
Narrow coexistence of the lithosphere, the hydrosphere and the atmosphere, where life exists is known as Biosphere.
- It consists of distinct zones.
- Each zone has its own climate, plant and animal life.
- These zones are known as ecosystems.
|Biosphere||Coexistence of above three|