An anagram is a phrase or a word formed by rearranging the letters of a different word or phrase, generally using all the original letters exactly once.
- astronomers – no more stars
- signature – a true sign
- school student – tends to slouch
- saintliness – least in sins
- asteroid threats – disaster to earth
- a gentleman – elegant man
Sometimes anagrams can be fun and witty and often end in hilarious results.
A creative way to utilize anagrams is to make them suitable to the actual word or phrase.
Anagrams are popular hints in both literature and movies. Many writers also scramble the letters of names to create unique and exciting names for their characters.