It is easy to understand the integers using the number line.
In the below number line, the numbers lie on the left side of the zero are negative numbers and the numbers lie on the right side of the zero are positive numbers.
1. \(-1\), \(-100\), \(-999\), \(-9898\) are negative numbers which lies left side of the number line.
2. \(2\), \(90\), \(888\), \(8576\) are positive numbers which lies right side of the number line.
3. Zero is neither negative nor positive, and it lies at the middle.
Represent integers on a number line
- Mark the positive integers on the number line by moving its value to the right of \(0\).
- Mark the negative numbers on the number line by moving its value to the left of \(0\).
1. To mark \(-3\) on the number line, we have to move \(3\) points to the left of zero.
2. To mark \(4\) on the number line, we have to move \(4\) points to the right of zero.
\(-1\) is the greatest negative integer.