UPSKILL MATH PLUS
Learn Mathematics through our AI based learning portal with the support of our Academic Experts!Learn more
A parallelogram is a flat shape with four sides in which opposite sides parallel and equal in length.
Where \(|\) and \(||\) denotes equal sides.
Properties of parallelogram:
- Opposite sides are parallel.
- Opposite sides are equal in length.
- Opposite angles are equal. (Angles \(A\) and \(D\) are same and angles \(B\) and \(C\) are same.)
- Angles "\(A\)" and "\(C\)" or "\(B\)" and "\(D\)" add up to \(180°\) so that they are supplementary angles. (For example, Two angles (\(140°\) and \(40°\)) are supplementary angles because they add up to \(180°\)).
- Adjacent angles are supplementary in parallelogram.
For example: A parallelogram became a rectangle where all angles are right angles.