A spreadsheet is an arrangement of rows and columns. Rows are horizontal vectors, while columns are vertical vectors. A spreadsheet is also called a worksheet.
A spreadsheet is used to record, calculate, and compare numerical or financial data.
Applications of Spreadsheets:
There are numerous applications possible using electronic spreadsheets. A few of the common applications are given below.
- Payment of bills
- Income tax calculations
- Invoices or bills
- Account Statements
- Inventory Control
- Cost-Benefits Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- Tender Evaluation
- Result analysis of students
Advantages of using Electronic spreadsheets:
The electronic spreadsheet offers many advantages over the manual one. The following are some of the main benefits of electronic spreadsheets.
- Calculations are automated through the built-in mathematical, financial, and statistical functions.
- Accurate results to any desired level of decimal points are possible.
- Worksheets can be quite big in size.
- Any part of the worksheet can be viewed or edited.
- The worksheet can be saved and retrieved later.
- We can merge any part or whole of an existing worksheet with any current or new worksheet.
- Any part or whole of the worksheet can be printed in the desired format.
- We can view worksheet data in the form of graphs or charts.
- We can transfer the worksheet information to any database or word processing software.