- Wheat is a temperate crop.
- Leading producers of wheat in Asia: Russia, India, China and Pakistan.
Millets and Oilseeds:
- In the drier parts of Asia, millets like Bajra, Jower, Ragi and Sorgham are grown.
- These crops are widely cultivated in India, Pakistan and a few gulf countries.
- Apart from these, pulses, spices and oilseeds are also produced in various parts of Asia.
Jute and Cotton:
- Jute and cotton are the important natural fibres cultivated in Asia.
Asia produces one-third of the world’s cotton.
- The major cotton-producing countries are India, China, Russia and Kazakhstan.
- India, Pakistan, China and Bangladesh are the leading producers of jute.
- Climate: Tropical wet and dry climate
- Major producers of sugarcane: India, Indonesia and the Philippines.