- Wide variety of mineral deposits are found in Asia.
- It holds an significant place in the production of Iron, Coal, Manganese, Bauxite, Zinc, Tungsten, Petroleum, Tin etc.
- In the west Asian countries, Oil and Natural Gasare found.
- Asia produces world's One-third of the world’s oil .
- Among the west Asian countries, Iran has a considerable wealth of mineral resources.
Important minerals found in Asia are:
- The largest deposits of iron ore in the world is in Asia.
- China and India are the important iron ore deposit countries of Asia.
- Other countries that have iron ore deposits: Turkey, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, etc,.
- It is a fossil fuel.
- Largest coal deposit in the world is found in Asia.
- Asia has the largest deposits of coal in the world.
- Largest producers coal in Asia:China and India.
- It is mineral oil.
- South West Asia has the largest petroleum reserve.
- Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE are the important petroleum-producing countries.
- Other important petroleum-producing countries are South China, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, India, Russia.
Other important minerals
- Bauxite is found in India and Indonesia.
- Largest producer of Mica in the World: India
- Tin is found in Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.