E-mail is a short form for Electronic Mail. E-mails are used to send letters/messages/communication using the internet. In today's fast-moving world, letters have almost been replaced by e-mails, especially in the work environment. E-mails are more formal and are considered a valid form of communication.
Advantages of E-mail:
- Immediate delivery to the recipient.
- It can be sent at any time, day, month or year.
- Cheaper than other modes of communication.
- It can be sent to any number of recipients.
- Easy to follow up and track earlier mails.
Disadvantages of E-mail:
- Internet is the main requirement for sending e-mails.
- Viruses may attack the system, and e-mails may not be received.
- The Identityof the sender cannot be verified.
- A lot of junk mail/unnecessary mail may pile up.
Format of an E-mail:
Subject: Increase in the irresponsible cutting of trees
I want to bring to your kind attention the irresponsible cutting down of trees in our Adyar area. Please publish this in your esteemed newspaper so that the information reaches all the corners of society.
There has been an indiscriminate cutting down of trees for the past month in Sunshine Avenue, Adyar. In the past month, more than 12 trees have been cut down owing to the rise of the new apartment complex. The benefits of trees are needless to say - from providing us oxygen to live to the scenic beauty it offers to the whole area. Not to forget the shady roads, cool breezy evenings, prevention of soil erosion, and home to hundreds of birds and animals. Just for building new apartments, these trees are being cruelly cut down. Will the concerned officers take a look at this issue and do the needful to stop this activity immediately?
I am hoping for a good solution to this problem.
A resident of Sunshine Avenue, Adyar.