A person who walks or runs on the side of the road is known as a pedestrian. It simply indicates those who use their foot on the road.
They should use pavements which are made for it. Using pavements will reduce the risk. Mainly children must use the pavements when walking on the road.
Pedestrians on road
1. Walk on any side of the road if there are footpaths.
2. When walking on highways without sidewalks, face the approaching vehicles and walk on your extreme right side.
3. Use zebra crossing, foot over bridges & subways to cross the roads.
4. Be particularly cautious when crossing the road if there are no such facilities.
5. Cross the street once the cars are a safe distance away.
6. Wear light-colored dresses at night.
7. Younger children should cross the street with the assistance of an elder.
1. Don’t cross the road hastily by running.
2. Don’t cross the road in front of or in between parked vehicles.
3. Don’t try to cross the road from blind corners or turns where you are not visible to the vehicle drivers.
4. Don’t jump over the railings to cross the road.